web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,
This topic may have come up many times before but so far I am still confused.
I have an officeserv 7100, and I recently signed up for VoIP service. Anyone knows how to go about setting it up? I am new to VoIP.
Solutions I found suggest using DM but all default passwords I tried came off as invalid.
Accessing MMC on the phone gives 'Ethernet par not permitted' and 'SIP settings/options not permitted' etc.
I am at the end of my rope here. Help is appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

When you say VOIP do you mean SIP? Do you have SIP trunk licences on the 7100?

John 807
Sounds like you may not have technician level programming access. You need this to be able to program all of the settings. Plus you need sip licenses and mgi licenses as well. I would contact your vendor for assistance.

OP Offline
Hi,
I have joined a VoIP provider and they do mention SIP trunking. They provide a number and other login credentials, is this what you're referring to? What do you mean by licenses 'on the 7100'? Are there specific licenses I must obtain?

OP Offline
My boss was the one who bought the system and he mentioned there to be no given passwords or anything about the technician level programming access. He said that before he got a tech to come and set up the IP-PBX for the company, so the 7100 is working, but now he wants to enable VoIP (I think he means SIP trunking?) on the system as well.

Yes, in order to do this you need to have access to Technician level programming. I would suggest hiring the same people that came out to install the system to do the programming and make it all work correctly. Nameless, is one of the Samsung Moderators is from Australia. Perhaps he can be of assistance to you.

There are professionals in every industry. If you need it done correctly, it's always best to hire a professional!

A1BizCom San Antonio TX
OP Offline
I think our last and possibly best option is to contact the tech.
Also, how can I get in contact with Nameless?
And I have finally got into technical level programming on the phone (turns out I am just being dumb and it was the default password after all), I just can't seem to access the OfficeServ using DM is all.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
The company i work for is based in brisbane.
We can organise a tech in NSW to attend site to set this up if you want

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 121 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024