Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RUSS K. Offline OP
OP Offline
I was out to the site on Tuesday. Tried the Immediate voice connect, set all the disconnect timers to either off or as long a possible, nothing worked.

There isn't any FIOS here anywhere. The closest I know of is in Harrisburg. The remotes are fiber-fed from the CO 8 miles away.

Also took along a DX120, connected it up, had one phone, didn't program it at all, Lines work, even called a number from it, used the flash, that works, put the other party on hold, and I told them that several seconds after I did, they should hang up, line disconnected.

So I gave up. After 4 trips to the site, (37 miles one-way), I talked the buyer into letting me get a DX120 and change to that equipment. Stuff should be here Monday, and I'm going to install next week.

Beats the **** out of me.

Final thought, VZN says all is OK. Don't know what to ask them to fix. Have a friend who works the offices here in my county, he called the girl who runs the switch where I am trying to install this, and she says she doesn't see anything wrong.

Thanks though for all your suggestions.

CASE CLOSED (I hope!)

Last edited by RUSS K.; 06/02/17 07:37 PM. Reason: spelling

RUSS K.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The mention of "three clicks" sounds like dial tone from a 5ESS switch, but I don't think they are really clicks, as in the line actually going open momentarily. I think they are just sounds heard when seizing a line. Regardless, that shouldn't have any effect on the SBX. I will say that I don't know if any of our installed SBX customers are directly connected to a 5E office. They are either behind FiOS or pair gain equipment, which masks those click sounds.

I'd be curious to know if your customer's lines or the test dial tone you used on the bench was coming from a 5E line. There are a lot of international settings in the SBX that reference European standards, such as pulse metering, etc. I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of these settings is your culprit.

Most CO switches, cable EMTAs or lines on pair gain return instant dial tone when going off-hook. The 5E is the only one that I know of that does not.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,902 Shoretel
188,980 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 157 guests, and 170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024