Customer went out of business, but I still want to find a solution. This was a call center application. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] Phone "A" would initiate call to Customer, then Phone "A" would conference in Phone "B" (on system)with Customer and stay on the line. Phone "B" would then conference in outside line (Recorder) with all parties present. Recorder would exit and at first we had a busy tone on the line with the remaining parties (Phone "B", Phone "A", and Customer) phone "B" which originated the call to Recorder (out of picture now) exits call and a second busy tone would remain. We found out that the CLEC wasn't providing a disconnect signal, had them change that and instead of a busy tone it turned to dial tone (which of course was worse, but luckilly he wasn't ready to open yet). We tried all kinds of stuff (i.e., last party clear dial tone, disconnect timer options, even changing from LS T1s to GS, etc.), I can't begin to figure how much time we spent with tech support! Finally we just slapped SSs in the Phone "B" slot for more advanced call control options, but I was wondering if anyone else had encountered something like this before, or if I just got lost along the way. I was told it could be done with single line sets from the company we purchased the system from, and they couldn't help us get it to work that way. I thought I'd challenge the great minds of the Tech Forum! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]