2 questions here....

I have had 2 clients who have trouble with sending and receiving faxes. The machines are programmed through an ONS port. While most clients have no problem, this is odd to see 2 who report the same thing, time-out errors, incomplete pages, or the sending side not being able to reach the fax machine. Are faxes nasty critters when it comes to running them through the PBX, or are there special considerations I should be aware of?

Second topic refers to my previous question about being able to copy the floppy disk databases from the SX-200 Light. I was pointed to the program "disk copy fast" which indeed let me copy. I was using those disks for a short while, though late last week when I made CDE changes I went to back up my database. The system read the inserted disks, gave me the "insert new disks" message, but then no matter which disks I tried I got "error initializing disks". When I went to go back to the original disks the system failed to read them with a "disk i/o error, possible database corruption" message. I have another tech coming from the source of a replacement controller cabinet I just had to replace 2 weeks ago. His company is denying the replacement cabinet is faulty, and wants to insist that trying to copy the disks with Disk Copy Fast is the culprit, that copied disks may work only for a short time. They naturally are tyring to get me to bite on $2000+ of new/official Mitel disks, but I am not so sure about that. The floppy drives are new (I replaced them in our old cabinet about a month ago, then that cabinet died and I switched those drives into the replacement cabinet). I am more suspect of the backplane of the replacement cabinet. Thoughts, gents?

Thanks!