I recently took over service on two motels that are on the same property. One of them has a Mitel SX-50, which I have successfully been able to fix and program. The larger of the two motels, however, has an SX-200 that had a mishap the other evening.

Seems that a phone company technician came out to check something, and on their way out of the phone room, accidentally kicked the power cord out of one of the 2 Mitel cabinets, the cabinet that houses the trunk cards for outside CO's.

Of course, the symptom was that you could dial room to room, or room to attendant, but you could not get an outside line.

We plugged the cabinet back in, but now we have alarm lights flashing and whenever you dial "9" to get an outside line, it grabs a line, but you can only dial 3 digits before it gives a fast busy (and on display phones it says "Toll Deny").

It appears to me that the station's COS settings got defaulted. Unfortunately, a password was programmed to get into installer/maintenance programming by a previous company, that no longer exists, and we cannot get in.

There is a modem on the system attached to a dedicated phone number, we have not tried logging in remotely yet, but I presume the password will still be an issue.

Anybody have any thoughts about how we might get back into the system while hopefully keeping some of the programming?