Alex, I know what a 'boiler room' is in this context, But I'll bet most dont, now that the companies have actually set up in 1 place and use '800' and cheap L/D. A 'Boiler Room' in this context means a really cheap place to rent. The traveling Photo company, vacume cleaner outfit, or whatever, had the local telco run in 5-25 lines, or more, depending on local population. Hire a bunch of talkers, hand them scripts, give them a little tutoring, and awaaay we go. You were generally paid by leads produced. The reason they were called 'boiler rooms', That was usually the cheapest space available, and the telco's demarc was usually where? That's right, the boiler room. Installation time was low and cheap. And now you know another little piece of trivia. It's a whole lot more sophisticated now, with predictive dialers, silent monitoring with barge-in, etc. smile John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.