I have a customer we upgraded from an SX-50 to an ICP with EMEM. The old voice mail was an Active Voice Replay Plus. The old VM had supervised transfer with recall to auto-attendant. If a caller dialed "0" for operator it would ring the console 4 times and recall to auto-attendant where they could hold or press 1 to leave a message, if they stayed on hold they would hear music on hold until the system tried the console again (every 30 seconds or so). This process would repeat indefinitely until the console answered or the caller left a message or hung up.

The staff frequently does not answer calls for long periods due to short staffing. (Only one person on duty).

With the EMEM the call does not recall to the auto-attendant so if the attendant does not answer we send the call to a mailbox and tell the caller to leave a message at the tone or press 0 for the attendant. Option 2 is to dump the caller to a RAD. This is not what the hotel owner wants so I would like to try to program the EMEM to mimic the AVT.

I checked with Tech Support but they have not come up with an acceptable work around.

Any good ideas for the EMEM or a cheap auto-attendant to put in front of the ICP to get this feature?

I know the real answer is "pick up the damn phone", but they don't want to hear that.

All suggestions appreciated.

Located in Southern California.
Mitel, Avaya, Nortel and Hitachi Products and services for Hospitality and Business sectors. Tel: 1-800-329-7971