John C., you're definitely right because AA is really the only thing that is critical (i.e. I got better things to do than talk to telemarketers), but I was only thinking of doing them together out of convenience for the tech/me. I mean if I decide later on that VM is wanted, then that would mean a whole other trip out here to add that too. I figure why not knock it out all at once since it was within budget.

I don't know what a C.O.V. is, but it seems from your replies like there is more than one AA available...like from 3rd party manufacturers. I thought that there would just be a Mitel SX-50 AA. It never even occurred to me that there would be more than one. If I went strictly with AA, would there be one I could add VM to later?? Because I hate making purchases that I regret later on. However, in this age of cell phones and internet, I guess it's not so critical to have voicemail. But then it seems like it would just be a nice feature to have for the guests anyway. Is most of a cost of AA/VM on the AA side or the VM side? I've always thought the AA side would cost more, but you guys are making it sound like the VM is like 80% of the cost. And I've heard about guests being able to set WU calls on their own. Is that even available on the 50?

I wouldn't count on anyone in the Metairie/New Orleans area chiming in here. I've already had two local guys not even get back to me with a quote. So I could care less. I'd rather do business with someone who is at least enthusiastic enough about what they do to be on a PBX forum sharing information with others in the field. No matte what I decide to buy, I'm buying it from someone on here that fields questions and that's just that.

Thanks again.
Jun