Hi All,
I'm stumped, so here's the scenario.
I have a fairly new customer who called and told me this feature used to work.

1) All incoming calls come in on a T1 (form 15) and are routed in form 19 to Analog voice mail AA hunt group for N1 & N2

2)It's a Multi console setup (4) and the consoles are always kept in N1 so the AA gets the call and does a blind transfer on 0 etc. the consoles are in Tenant 2 everything else in Tenant 1. Everything is working fine except..

3) When calling from the outside and you dial 0 if the console is not answered it will continue to ring the console and eventually disconnect the call, they say that it use to recall back to the AA greeting after 20 rings or so. No programming has been changed that I know of to cause it to stop working.

What I've checked:
1) Console call fwd enable, but it's always in night 1 so I'm not sure if that even applies.

2)form 19 tenant 1 & 2 DID no ans recall to hunt group # in N1/N2

3) I've watched calls in Maintenance and the call fwd timer kicks in but doesn't go to hunt group.

4)I've checked the recall timer in the VM COS

5)All the LDN #'s for dial 0 are the same in Day N1, N2. The 200 Doc's read something like recall won't take effect if they are all the same, but they say it did work before but I'm having my doubts.

6) my head hurts thinking about it any longer and I ran it by tech support but they're reading the same Docs that I am.

7) Bottom line: Does anyone out there know if it "should" work in the current config or what I need to check to get it to work.

Thanks in Advance,

Mark

BTW: My thinking is if 4 consoles don't answer after 20 rings, going back to the AA to hit 0 again doesn't sound promising but...