Hi all, I work at the Ocean Shores Quality Inn in Washington State (Northwest).

We are having a problem with our Mitel SX50 phone system, and we are under new ownership/management also...

First off, the first three rings are usually not being registered on our console, in other words, to the outside caller, it rings three times before we hear their fourth ring, which on our side, is the first ring....

Before the problem escalated to this point, the first three rings were registering on our end, and that was not a problem, but the next ring would always register as a new call, in other words if we let it ring three times, it would appear the caller hung up, but really they were still waiting for us to answer, then it would start ringing again, like it was a new caller, but really the caller experienced four or five rings...

Sometimes we recieve the alarm, 'eqp bsy', and other times we get 'no trunk current'.

We have recently figured out quite a lot about this phone system, we loaded the default data by shutting it off and toggling switch 1, and this doesn't appear to have solved the problem. I am guessing that a circuit board is blown somewhere or that something else is physically wrong with one of the boards, or more than one....any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I believe the owner is considering calling a tech to visit the property, but I also think that it's not a mitel tech, but a phone tech (qwest), will this help?

thanks again,

jeff cummings