Yep, the trunks are probably busied out, a reset will probably clear that. BUT, if the LEC BOZO's reversed polarity, they will just go busyout again!

Brad, I feel for you. Call the phone company and tell them they reversed polarity to your telephone system and now they need to correct the problem, AT YOUR END!

Surely Canada has what we in the U.S. call a corporation commission in most states, that oversee's the various utilities, esp. in terms of how they interact with and sometimes 'screw around with' their customers.

"The technicians say our unit is now bad and they dont work on them any more so we have to buy a new system."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And let me guess, they are 'the only game in town', so to speak. How convenient. All I can tell you is that you need to start documenting all communication with the LEC, RIGHT NOW! Take names and employee numbers every chance you get. You might consider recording all conversations, because I can assure you, if you have to go to the corporation commission, the LEC will have their recordings. Be sure to make it very clear to all parties on any recording that you ARE RECORDING THE CONVERSATION. OK, Go Get 'em, Brad!

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.