I have been recruited to fix numerous problems at a small resort. The system is a Mitel SX-200 ( I don't know the series - maybe an EX?)

I am very experienced at shooting physical troubles & all those are now cleared. There are several extensions that are dead at the switch. After checking the amphenol connectors at the back of the 2 cabinets, it is clear that water had gotten on the cabinet backs some time ago, because 2 of the amphenol connectors are BADLY corroded. I did what I could to clean them up - with no improvement. All the dead extensions are connected through those 2 connectors. I don't know how, but others in the same are still functioning.

I have a plan to fix this mess without replacing the switch. There are 4 total unused amphenol connectors on the back that are not corroded - 8 DLC slots are vacant. Assuming the DLCs are still good, they could be moved to the vacant slots & reprogrammed/activated. I am going to try to locate another tech that can do this, as my skills on programming are limited.

Any suggestions on this plan & how to coordinate programming & moving of the DLCs? You can't program a vacant slot - a DLC must be present - correct? There are no spare DLCs around.

Thanks.