My client bought the building with an 8x24 DR5.1 DS and this VM, a Norstar Voice Mail, Model V3G Rel 04 2 years ago. The building had been M/T for 2 years prior to that.

I've been there 3 times since they bought to resetup the system & VM.

This was a big manufacturing plant B/4, but still after 2 years they only have a half dozen sets or so working.

She called today complaining that they had had a power outage this w/e and since then their VM hasn't worked. After several questions I realize that the whole system has defaulted as well.

Verified when I got there & of course the UPS is defective. Because I had thought to bring a new one with me, I changed it.....also defective. %&$#@*^$.

I changed the Data cartridge as the cap had gone tits up, so that'll hold them until tomorrow. I did't do anything for the VM as I'm not sure if there is a CAP in that as well that should be changed, & since I had to go back with a working UPS tomorrow, I thought I'd ask you guys.

She also told me that "Now that I think about it, every time there was a power outage lately, my VM wouldn't work for a couple of days, then would start."

I've never installed one of these so is there something I should be checking or will it show after I get the rest of the system to work?

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!