I have a customer with a Norstar 0X32 system with a PRI. They have had this system with this same PRI for about 4 years now. In the last month they have been experiencing a dialing issue. Intermittently when the station dials an outbound call, after dialing the phone number, the call disconnects. The user never even gets a ring back, the handset goes dead and the phone is in the idle state. Sometimes it will do it two to three times in a row before the user can get a successful outbound call. I looked at the logs and cannot find a single frame slip in Network Event Logs as well as my external Adtran CSU 120. So I know the span is fine and it's a higher-level issue. I found in System Test Logs tons of EVT799 errors; specifically EVT799-XXXX00S7 and EVT799-XXXX03S7, the X's denote the trunk number. The one with 03 is saying that EKTS is enabled on the PRI from the service provider and to have them turn it off. Of course Qwest doesn't know what that is to even turn it off. The one with 00 isn't listed in the event codes in the installer guide. Also I have noticed that channels 16-23 in Link Status say "Far" which means far end or Telco has the channel blocked. Yet I can still make outbound calls on these channels. I can also manually disable channels 16-23 in Link Status so they say "Near" which means the Norstar has blocked the channel. Yet I can also still make outbound calls on these channels. Telco says they see the channels as idle with no problems though. They also disabled something they call B-channel service messaging on the PRI to see if that did anything. So far only one disconnect since then but it still happened and like I said the Link Status still shows "Far" for 16-23 which can't be right.

Is there anything else I can ask the phone company to check? I'm thinking about talking them into getting a different PRI carrier at this point.