I have a KXTAW848 that is Transmitting a noise similar to a busy signal across the entire AM radio spectrum. It is noticeable up to 2/10 of a mile away from the house and gets so loud at the house that you can’t even hear the radio broadcast. This noise disappears when I shut the phone system down.

Panasonic said that the KXTAW848 is not creating the noise but most likely amplifying it. I have shut down every piece of equipment in the phone closet except the KXTAW848 and the noise persists.

I have a 4 port Hybrid card and a 4 port Proprietary card in it. I have 5 proprietary phones connected to 4 proprietary ports and 1 hybrid port. One hybrid port is for a standard cordless phone and one hybrid port goes to 9 other lines in the house (including one cordless, two analog, and 6 empty phone jacks) I found that as I start unplugging the extensions from these two ports, the volume of the noise decreases a little as each is disconnected until all the lines have been removed and the noise is gone (note: there is no noise with just the 5 proprietary phone connected). The noise shows up again if any line, whether it has a cordless phone or just an empty jack, is connected to the hybrid ports.

The KXTAW848 is grounded to earth ground by way of the water pipe in the basement, and all phone lines are CAT 5.

If anyone has any thoughts on this issue, I would love to hear it.
Thank you.