I am the new technology coordinator at a small school district. I am fine with the computer systems and the newer phone system at the high school, but I also have to support the older system at the middle and grade schools and I am finding myself a little out of my depth. My current problem is I cannot get a dial tone or any service for our maintanence person. His office is in the bus garage, and we have an underground line running the 50ft or so from the middle school to the bus garage. When you plug the phone in the speakerphone light comes on and blinks briefly about once every two seconds or so. We have tried swapping out phones and using a toner I know you can get signal from the bus garage to the junction box where it comes into the middle school. My next step will be to cut the line there and put in a mdoular jack and plug, so I can test the phone to that point, but I'm not really confident in that because if there were a problem with the line it seems like nothing would happen at the phone at all; the blinking speakerphone light seems to nix that. Anyone have an idea what to do next?