I have recently become responsible for administering our telephone system. It is a Telrad Digital 400 system and everybody has a Telrad Digital phone. 3 phones are executive sets with expanded displays, but most are 79-420-0000 phones. We are also on a T1 phone line and I have installed the necessary card into the 400 box. Someone else programmed it for me, but I do have a laptop with connecting cables to reprogram the system. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] We are having issues with the way the system rings and when the office administrator forwards her phone. I need to find out how to fix: "As you know, the Admin phone is at Reception and I am the back-up. When the receptionist goes to lunch I have sole responsibility for telephone coverage, however, if I am on the phone incoming calls do not ring to my line (as they used to do). I have had several complaints from callers that they called and received our voicemail." and how to fix "Again, if I have sole responsibility for the phones and I move to another location I can no longer forward incoming calls from my phone – this can only be done from reception."
HELP!!!!!!!!!! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[This message has been edited by FMTelrad400 (edited March 21, 2005).]