Hi all,
I'm hoping someone can help me in regards to connecting a Telrad Digital 400 system to a Cisco voice router via a T1 card. While I know the Telrad in a basic fashion, I'm a bit over my head on this one and lacking a Telrad engineer.

Here's the situation: I have a Digital 400 system software v607. T1 card in cabinet not being used. I'd like to link the D400 to a new Cisco 2821 voice router with a T1 interface card. The Cisco will have Call Manager Express on it to service about 20 VoIP phones. I'd like to know if I can get just basic calling features to function between the two. Dialing an extension between systems, making an outbound call from Cisco through Telrad, inbound calls to the Cisco. That's about it.
The Cisco engineers have asked me about the signaling setup on the T1 card. They asked (their words, not mine) "...if it can be configured as a PSTN (NI Signaling) interface? If not can it be a CAS T1 interface?" I'm not sure what they are asking but maybe someone can explain. I do have the Telrad DigiDocs CD and I can find quite a bit about connecting two Telrads but not to another PBX. Also, I'm trying to find the specs in the docs on the T1 card. If you know which doc those are in, I'd appreciate that info.
It does seem that if I upgraded to version 7 and added an N12 or N24 card I'd have more options including the ability to use my Imagen voicemail, but I'd rather not put in more money unless absolutely necessary.

Thank you in advance for any advice or direction you can give.
RH
Austin, TX

[This message has been edited by vidkidruss (edited April 18, 2005).]