Hi all, im trying to find out if anyone has had any success doing a remote program update. We have a customer we whom we need to upgrade yet we would prefer to do it without the need to visit. I've read up my notes regarding the process yet i'd just like to gauge peoples experiences. One foot note we will be trying to do the upgrade via VPN does anyone envisage any problems ie do particular ports need to be opened and also do I need to set up an FTP account in WinAdmin or is that strictly for earlier versions? Current Version MH109

Comment: We do not use remote update in UK.

The issue is with the upgrade procedure with UK software once the software is upgraded the CTX will then need to restart. If the CTX does not start correctly then the customer would be left with a non-working system.

We have never issued the remote update software as we do not support this product in the UK.

This is what I received today from Toshiba Uk, problem I have is that the Remote upgrade section I have in WinAdmin allows me to do a remote update but on the basis of this email I dont fancy my chances if it goes belly up

[This message has been edited by Bazza (edited January 27, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Bazza (edited January 27, 2005).]

[Linked Image from clearlinetelephones.co.uk]
success = hard work, dedication and a lump of devotion