We have a CTX670 that I occasionally manage from a remote location. I have been using VPN to access the network, then using eManager to connect to the system. Recently the upstairs toilet overflowed and fried (among other things) our processor board. Phone installer replaced the board and the system is working again. HOWEVER, I can no longer connect to the system when connected to the network using VPN.

With the new processor I can't connect with eManager or FTP. In fact, I can't even ping the device. Pinging the CTX from a computer inside the network works fine, as does eManager. Using VPN I do get assigned an internal IP address, but a packet sniffer shows my ping requests coming from our public IP address (presumably something to do with the VPN software).

What I am trying to understand is if older processors responded to requests from a different subnet, while newer ones don't. Also, is there a way to force the system to allow traffic from outside the subnet? I don't see anything in eManager 5.10A14 (I checked from a computer inside the network).

The current software version is AR5.20 MT037.00. I don't know what it was in the old processor.

Any help appreciated!