Hi All,

We have a client that has the following cabinets:

DKSUE424A
DKSUE280A
DKSUE280A
DKSUB280A

They have a local vendor who has been servicing this system. They just lost their IT manager (he quit) and we are in for the duration.

My problem is that I need a very simple ring group setup. The vendor's response is that the system is too old. When I have queried them on further followup questions (such as, can we cpu/firmware update the system, etc.) they aren't responding. The biggest problem is that the outgoing IT manager got them all excited over the possibility of dropping a new $100K VoIP system into the company, and they now have no incentive to offer any kind of solution that is anything less than a complete forklift replacement to a new system. (the $100K would involve recabling the building) The customer absolutely can't afford a new system.

Anyway, I have experience with various Panasonic phone systems but I know nothing at all about this Toshiba and in any case my main goal is prodding the vendor into getting their head out of the clouds. If anyone can tell me if it really is true or not that you can't define an extension ring group in this system, or in any DK system, I'd appreciate it. Even better would be a response along the lines of "update the cards in the system to such and such a version and you can do that"

Thanks!