On new construction, how much do you guys find yourselves interacting with other trades, and how do you go about it? I dunno about outside of hotels, but istm that there is often a lack of communication between various tradespeople. To give an example:

We're doing a job in NC. We work for the owner, not the GC. Owner tells us what he wants. No problem, right? Well, except he forgot to tell the electricians or GC about the changes. Chris, the head electrician on site, was a bit miffed to find he had to run new lines into the conference room, one for our overhead projector, and one for our speaker amp. Basically, his 'change order' went through me, not his boss, and not the GC. We talked a bit more, and he asked about my access points. I told him they were PoE, so he didn't need to wire in outlets in the ceiling. Much relief there.

Chris is a good guy and a competent sparky.... but what if he had made a big issue out of the changes needed to make my gear work? Who do I go to then? His boss, my boss, the GC, sup or the owner?

I'd say ~30% of the sites I'm on have contractor's meetings on a weekly basis. Anyone had similar experiences, and how do you get things resolved?

Jack

The question is more important than the answer.