Hello all,

Thanks for all the past support.
New problem trying to connect ot NEC Elite 48 with FMS (2) card. This is a used system and I do not know the history or passwords. The phone is working as we are using it now. But the problem is that the VM answers as a different company and not ours!!! So you can see as my boss does not like thisor me right now.....

I am using windows 98 with the cosessions 7.0.

Question #1. I assume I need to use the "REMOTE VIEWER" of this software. I have set it up an 3800 N,8,1,Xon/Xoff and Direct Connect comm1 with null modem cable to the front DB9 connector of VM card. All dip switches are in the off position. Is this correct?

Question #2 I have tried to use blank for user name and pass and also tried voice/support and just NEC in the username.

Each time I hit connect button it flashes up a dos-like terminal and around 15 seconds latter it fails with no response from host. this cannot be correct?

Question #3 Do I need to purchase anything (MODEM) for the VM card for this to work or is this only required for remote dial-in.

Thanks to all.

The more I do this, the more I respect the complexity (and frustration) in modern phone systems....

Oh well thanks
Keith