I have a customer that just finished building a 15,000 Sq Ft home (no there are the correct zeros there). 3 floors that are concrete with rebar. The lady of the house is adament that she HAS to be able to access her Call Waiting from Ma Bell. also, her voicemail from same. She is insistent that she be able to walk from one end/level of the house from the other without dropping a call. The husband has purchased from us 3 other IPitomy systems for his offices and they are networked together and working fine.

My solution:
I installed a IPitomy (Asterisk based) IP system, then 3 AAstra RFP32's (one at each end and in the middle) on the middle floor. I used 6 AAstra 142D handsets. She would like at least 12 handsets with whatever solution works. I also installed 4 AAstra 6757i phones to be hardwired, fixed location phones. The system has 2 pots lines on it. the 1st is the house line and the second is the elevator line. The 2nd line was connected to the system so that they could have the caller roll over to that line from the house line and we could get rid of the CW. But, she is reluctant. I did try a DTMF Flash generator from a guy in Chicago, but after testing it at our office and leaving it connected over the Turkey day weekend, apparently it had to much turkey because if failed to work again the following Monday. Guess that isn't very reliable. I need reliable, as she is 2 hours away.

So the question is: How would you guys approach this? I haven't been able find much of anything that will work as well or better. Oh, did I mention that she thinks that it needn't be a "commercial" / "business" type of system. There ought to be a residential type of system that would work.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance

Ed

A+, CTP