Hi All, I am new to your fine board and did a little reading but could not find the answer to a couple of issues I am dealing with on a 24 port Key voice 10.4 interchange.

FYI - I am certified on Interchange and NT/2000 based systems certified.

I apologize if this is kind of long . . . Any info or opinions would be appreciated.

First of all it is a NT based system with serial integration to Centrex. I run a 202 S/T modem for the KVT system to a Siemans EWSD on the public switched network.

Here is what is going on – On busy no answer I route to a pilot number in a 24 hunt group for voice mail off my Centrex.

Intermitted SMDI issues - Calls hit voice mail and will route fine 9 out of 10 times. Sometimes on the line status monitor it will say wait caller ID and then route to the main greeting. Loop back device is good and modem at the CO has been replaced. 202S/T on my end looks good. Seems Like it gets worse as the system gets busier. What would be some possible causes of this intermittent issue.

Ready file queue overflow – The system is sitting on a TCPIP WAN with Exchange as the email server. I use automatically copy new message to SMTP address (whatever email I want it to go to) It will work fine but then suddenly for no apparent reason it will stop sending the WAV files to email and begin filling the ready folder with files. Also in the message folder it will have duplicate copies of messages causing the system to send an old message over and over.
For example if I look in the Message folder it will show MG000005918.000 and MG000005918.000.ready when this happens it will sometimes forward the same email over and over.

What would cause the system to just stop talking to exchange? Why would the ready file not be deleted after it is sent to the ready folder?

Defrag, Scannt and all of the associated data base fix ups do not help.

Of course, help desk is not too much help on this issue.

As a side - If any one has ideas that can fix the problems I am having, I am offering an offshore salmon fishing trip on Lake Michigan as a reward.

Thanks -

John