I have (unfortunately) gotten the job to program an Adtran Total Access 608 for a hotel application. I think the programming is correct, since I interfaced with Adtran's tech support while doing it. But the service provider has me second guessing myself. He says that the signaling method is set to loop start on the T1. I think he's full of it. I know that the three ports on the Adtran that I am taking off the T1 as analog lines are loop start, but the T1 itself should be wink start, and that's what I've got my Mitel switch set at. However, when I plug in the T1 to the Adtran, and then plug in the Adtran's DXS-1 port to the T1-E1 module in the switch, I get all green lights all the way, but it does not work at all. Calls in get a ring-no-answer, and we can't even dial out anywhere. The provider says he has had a T1 going down there to the hotel for a long time, and he also says that one T1 is like any other. I say he's full of it, again. Any thoughts? By the way, the T1 provider is a company called IPC.

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP