I have a DX-120 installed about three months ago with the 7271C flash card that has crashed four times in the past three weeks.

When you dial the VM ports (157, 158, 159, and 160) or when dialing the hunt group 433, the VM doesn't answer...you only hear ring back.

The heart throb LED in the upper right corner of the board is still flashing and the flash card LED is still flickering. A tap on teh reset button restores service.

It happened two weeks ago, six days ago, three days ago and again today. After it crashed the third time, I replaced the VM unit with my spare one and swapped the flash cards to retain the prompts and messages, and set the corrected routing mailbox numbers.

The new unit just crashed today.

The DX-120 has a battery backup and they have a power outage for less than an hour at least every two weeks. I don;t know if there was an extended power outage the ran down the battery the first two times, but I do know that there were no power outages the last two times this week.

I don't think its a bad flash card, but what I'm going to do is reset the system and do an audio backup of the prompts (Audcity is a good audio editor) and stored messages (I don't want to back up the flash card per se as it might be corrupted). I have a adapter cable that plugs into the phones headset jack and my laptop.

If it stays up for at least two weeks, then it was a bad flash card. If it keeps dropping, I'll cold boot the system and reprogram it from a paper copy of the programming.

If THAT doesn't work, I'll replace the cabinet.

Any suggestions?