Hi All:

After some years of being away, I'm back in Comdial-land! I formerly worked doing Comdial installs and maintenance, but I've been away from it for a while.

I just bought a Digitech G1632 for my new office, and I'm just installing and programming it now. It's amazing how it all comes back to me! (Except that I now have glasses, I need a bright light to see the colors on 25-pair, and my belly bumps into the DSU when I work on it...)

My "new" system is a G1632 rev F, and has a software cart with rev 14D. The system came with a computer voice-mail system. Here's the info on it:

Computer Monitor & keyboard are labeled "Comdial"
Computer is labeled "Key Voice"

When I power it up, the screen says:

Corporate Office Call Processing System
Key Voice Technologies
v8.2 4-line

The computer is a 486-66 running DOS 6.22, and has a Dialogic 4-port board installed (D40?). And after powering it up, I realize how much I missed those amber monitors!

I have info on the Digitech, I remember a lot of it, and so far I'm OK there. But I never did work much with the voicemail systems, and I have no info, manuals, etc. for this one.

Sooooo...

1) Is this a voicemail only system, or does it do some other call proccesing?

2) When I press "F10 - Database", it prompts for a password. The former owners don't remember the pasword. Actually, they said "Password? We didn't use a password." So, is there a "universal" or "backdoor" password?

3) Is there any info, manuals, etc. available for this software?

4) There were no cables, etc. included with the computer, so I don't know if there's supposed to be any connection to it other than the 4 voice lines. I do have 3 ATI-Ds and, assuming the other 2 analog ports probably went to a FAX, I'm thinking that only the 4 voice lines went to the computer and no RS-232?

5) I don't know what ports they had the ATI-Ds connected to, but I'm planning to connect a terminal to the Digitech for programming. As I recall, I should be able to tell from the COS printout which station ports were configured for analog.

6) I've got several VOIP circuits that terminate to POTS lines, so I'm assuming that I can just connect them to the Digitech, and it'll never know the difference? I can't think of any reason why the Digitech would know or care that what appears to be an analog CO line is actually delivered over VOIP...

Any help or comments are appreciated!

Well, here's another fine mess I've gotten myself into...