In case anybody's interested...

I was able to successfully install my Digitech G1632 to VOIP service. It works great!

I initially had some VOIP issues, not related to the Comdial.

My VOIP worked fine for incoming and outgoing calls, but after about 10 minutes, it would not allow incoming calls. The caller would dial my number, then get silence-- no ringback, no tones, no message, just dead air!

It turns out that my Verizon FiOS Internet service was blocking the UDP ports necessary for my VOIP to work. I called Verizon "support" but was told that opening ports was "unsupported and non-standard use of our service."

Huh? OH! I get it! I need to order POTS lines from you! That must be a supported service?

Well, I figured out how to get it working on my own (funny, but the Verizon tech who "promised" me she would find a solution and call me back never did. I'm still waiting...).

Once this VOIP problem was solved, I fired up the Digitech, connected the VOIP line to it, and it worked fine! We used the system with only one line for a week or so, then I got another VOIP number activated, and it works OK too.

I'm using a Linksys 2-port VOIP adapter. It seems funny to have a Cat5 Net cable running to my phone system, and no Verizon lines...

I haven't experienced any issues with interaction between the VOIP service and the Comdial, so it seems we're OK.

Next I'm planning to add a few more VOIP adapters, and up the incoming lines.

My VOIP service has no monthly fee, unlimited incoming calls, and 60 minutes free outgoing calls per month.

Now, if I could only program the Digitech to always first select the outgoing line that still has free minutes left... smile

Well, here's another fine mess I've gotten myself into...