Well I'm back with this year's unsolvable DXP dilemma!

We're running a Comdial DXP w/2 PRIs as our main 2 trunks. The ARS is programmed to go through one PRI and then the other, so one PRI handles most of the calling (the other was really there for expansion/conference calling).

As of about a week ago, we developed a severe PRI echo/slippage issue. Some calls go through fine, others slip so bad that the voices sound robotic and there's a lot of echoing and/or completely cutting out.

I had our phone vendor look at the system, they see nothing wrong. Telco looked at/changed a few things on their end to no avail, they had Verizon do intrusive testing on the lines and they say they're clean to the smartjacks.

At this point everything is starting to point to our system and the wiring. I checked the wiring on the 2 PRIs from the smartjacks (1st floor) to the pbx, and found the the second PRI (unused) had pins 7-8 crossed, which really shouldn't matter as far as I know. I moved the 1st PRI to a spare run and that didn't seem to help - still echoing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Incidentally, since I know it'll come up, all PRI channels are set to nominal padding in VMMI.

(I'm not the installer, just the system admin here who's very phone-savvy :-))

Mitel 3300Mxe running MCD 4.0, 5340 Phones