To make a long story short, the person that maintained our switch and voice mail was terminated. It was ugly.

I have been tasked with getting in our switch and voice mail to maintain it. 1st task was was to access the terminated person's voice mail password. I have managed to get the password.

I have SVMi-4 I believe. I have attached a PC to the box with a serial cable. Configured HyperTeminal on a Win 98 laptop at 9.6 8-N-1 with no xoff-xon. I have ANSI emulation, and in ASCII setup, I turned off Wrap Lines. I was able to access admin functions, and get the password I needed. But, the screen I am getting is not pretty, and hard to read and get the graphics. How can I tweak my Hyperterminal setup.

Then, several more simple questions.

How can I find the exact switch and voice mail systems I have.

Once I get that info, I need user manuals, admin manuals, and programming manuals, plus handset manuals. We have nothing at all on site.

Once I have some documentation.

How do I do a backup of the hard drive in the switch.

Then, I want to do some programming changes in the switch.

I am a server admin/network type person with 26 years experience. I know just a little about swithces and voice mail. But, I have done some programming. So I may ask some programming
questions also.

Thanks in advance.