We purchased a Samsung (7100 for one office and 7200 for the head office) with the full kit (Link, Easy Set, Data View, Call-one for each user, Operator), and are using the system in the head office with UCD queueing.

The queues are uncoditional for all users that are logged in (we have 4 queues which are answered with diferent business names).

It took us over 3 months before we could get Data View to work with SQL server (and needed a few hacks and tweeks to make that work where SQL wasn't on the same machine as Data View/Link).

We have a number of outstanding issues that look like they require Samsung to produce fixes but the blood-stone analogy is coming to mind.

Just want to see if anyone has similar problems, or has had and has workarounds.

1) 'Longest Wait Time Today' on the wall board is meaningless. Most days I can't find any correleation between this figure and the maximum wait time shown in Data View UCD reports. Some times it is larger (saw 30 minutes one day and longest in DataView was 5), some times is smaller (last week saw 24 seconds on Wallboard, but Data View showed 6 minutes that day).

2) Since we got DataView working with SQL server the Summary stats for the first queue are all zeros for numbers of calls. Other queues have numbers, but users say that these are not correct (they count manually and it doesn't correleate). There have definately been calls, as when you look in the Call_Log for calls to the queue (on a recent day showed 211 calls).

3) Data Collector or Data Manager can stop randomly without any error logging - and you don't know until to try to access the data and find nothing there. Data Collect just stopped collecting data last week (last log was at 3:24 in the morning and then nothing until I restarted it today), but somethign was getting picked up because Summary data (in Sum database) was thee (except for the first queue as mentioned above).

4) This is trivial but goes to show the Samsung approach to this software ... When you run 'Inbound Trunk Call Statistics' or 'Outbound Trunk Call Statistics' for 15min, 30min, Day you get the 'Maximum' number of lines used in the period, but if you run the same report but for the one-hour time period it SUMS the maximums for the 15 minute periods in the hour. Being a programmer at heart I looked at the ASP code for this page in Data View and sure enough, that is what is in the code!! I could actually fix this, but I want Samsung to deliver on their product, and still 4 months after notifying them of this issue and even how to fix it - nothing!

Don't even get me started on the fact that for Easy Set to run you have to have a user stay logged in on te console of the Server!!

Any thoughts, help, experience, contacts @ Samsung who can get this fixed would be incredibly helpful. This is not just an installation issue, but a core Samsung software issue.

Regards

Craig

Craig Shield
CIO - Down Under Tours (Australia)