I've been working away at this one for a couple months now. Maybe someone on here will have an idea or similar experience.

Problem: Phones freeze. When unplugged and reconnected they remain locked to the start up screen. To correct this we have been abandoning the port, and reconfiguring another to take the identity of that station, however this problem continues to happen at random, with no particular order to the ports or slots.

Initial Programming on September 24th 2009:
During the initial programming of the system Slot 2 was empty and that card was in Slot 3. In Slot 3 both ports 9 & 13 dropped. When I restarted the system they returned, however dropped again within a couple hours. We tried swapping cards between Slots 3 & 5, however the problem still occurred on the same ports in the same slot. We then abandoned Slot 3 and moved that card to Slot 2. That seemed to fix the problem.

System Installation on September 25th:
While installing the new system extension 290 (Slot 5, Port 5) dropped. We swapped the port to Port 15 on the same card.

September 28th:
Called back to the location to touch up some programming. Over the weekend more phones had dropped, including extension 286 (Slot 5, Port 1).

September 30th:
Called Tech support for assistance since more phones had dropped. I was advised to Restart the system and let it run in default to see if the problem was in the programming. The problem usually takes roughly 2-3 hours before it happens and I could not wait that long since this was over a lunch hour at a medical centre that has 7 doctors. So I uploaded the database after 40 minutes so they could carry on about their work.

September 30th – November 5th:
At this time the following Ports had gone bad:
· X290-Slot 5, port 5 moved to S5, P15
· X286-Slot 5, port 1 moved to S5, P14
· X223-Slot 4, port 5 moved to S5, P13
· X223-Slot 5, port 13 moved to S5, P12
· X278-Slot 4, port 13 moved to S5, P11

November 5th:
Went to the location after hours and reprogrammed the system accordingly.

November 11th:
Returned to make a programming change to the incoming ringing. I made no uploads to the system, only a backup download saved as a new file. Later that day both extensions 290 & 286 (Slot 5, ports 5 & 1) had dropped. Went after hours to resolve the issue.

November 13th
Extension 223 down. Moved from Slot 4, port 5 to Slot 5, port 12.

November 19th
Extension 278 down (Slot 4, port 13). Moved to Slot 5, Port 11.

November 23rd
Removed MP20 and replaced with a MPC card which includes a new software card as well. Uploaded database and system is functioning fine. No additional programming required (THANK GOD!)

November 30th
Returned to fix a problem with loud ‘crackle’ on line 1. Performed many tests to verify that the problem is in the system (including: removing all connections from the telco demarcation, removing any other connections to line 1, 1 by 1 and swapping telco lines between ports, problem stayed in that port). The ‘crackle’ is only heard by a user of a Samsung phone (all phones), not by the caller and can only be heard through a Samsung set. To rectify the issue I have moved Trunk 701 from Slot 1, Port 1 to Slot 1, Port 16 and made the appropriate programming changes.

December 14th
Replaced Line Card with a new 16 Trunk line Card and made programming changes so that Line 1 is on Port 1 (Slot 1). Problem still occurred. Removed the new line card and re-installed the existing line card, making changes so that Line 1 uses port 16.

Customer is also having difficulty with quality of their headsets. Particularly a Plantronics M22 amp with headset. I have adjusted settings every which way possible. This is also the 3rd headset & amp configuration that we have tried there. We may try yet another headset & amp however I’m beginning to believe that it may be the hunk of junk known as the 7200.

To anyone who actually took the time to read all of this, I say thank-you very much for your time!