Earlier this year the power went out for two days and when it came back on our DCS Compact had lost every single setting and voicemail. With a little help from the experts here I got everything working again. Our power went out again and I have the same problem. I was able to get everything back to normal except the Voice Mail. I have all the VM/AA ports set (not sure if 213 and 214 are part of the card) and I have them all set in the 529 station group. When you call in, you get the proper voice mail recording, and then "forwarding to extension 500". It then rings the phones again and goes into a loop. The last time I finally discovered that while the SVMI had kept all the station voicemails, it had not created a box for 500. Creating the box solved the problem. This time the 500 mailbox seems to exist (and there's no ability to delete or recreate it in the VM Admin). I also can't remember what "Next Port" I had in the operator group. I've tried both 529 and 209.

Also, how can we stop the system from losing the data every time the power goes out? It only started happening this year so I'm assuming there's some battery backup, flash chip, or other part that's worn out. Is there something we can buy to fix this? We're probably going to be getting something else soon but until then I've got to try to keep it working.