I have been battling this issue for a long time and still find my solution unsatisfactory.

The System holds the trunk port open for 13-15 seconds after the caller has hung up. If the caller has reached a voice mailbox and decides to not leave a message, the user gets a blank message with 0 content. Not even a click. The user hears "to play the message please press 1". They then press 1 only to immediately hear "to play the message please press 1" and so on.

Since I cannot get direct tech support from Samsung because we are not a reseller we came up with the solution that the customer will either have to live with this or set up the voice mail to only use the "press 1 to leave a voicemail" option and if there is no selection made, the system hangs up. Most clients don't want this.

I've played around with the TRUNK TIMER settings. I've tried every option in the PORT BLOCK for Trunk disconnect. I've monitored this with Telnet and it really doesn't tell me much, just that it takes a long time for the system to see the line is disconnected.

If anyone else has had this problem as well and has any thoughts they are most welcome to share.

Do not have this issue with any other system we service/install.

(In Ontario, Canada)