As part of my job here at school, I had to troubleshoot some cable tv stuff today. We have a former restaurant turned general use space in the student union. I would say there are at least 10 tv's hooked up. Previously we had a poor signal which we traced to a bad splitter feeding the room. This was replaced with a barrel connection and the signal was OK. I went to check today as the Superbowl is approaching and they wanted to make sure the tv signals were OK. Well, I checked and they were awful. Snow and poor reception...so I first checked the feed (plugged a TV into the coax) coming into the room from the floor below, and the signal was fine. Then I checked the other end of this run where it terminated and it was fine. The line runs to a distribution box and then an amplifier. I checked each connection, and as it went along from feed, to distribution box, and finally to an amp, it got progressively worse. Keep in mind I was testing in the equipment room and not using the TV's in the actual room. So I deduced that the amp is not good. I have no idea why, but we have to call the TV people in from the school to figure it out. All in a day's work smile

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE