...it's not a good idea to drywall right over the 66 block.

But don't worry, this is the same house where Verizon installed a NID without bothering to ground it (!!) and just cut the aerial cable where it went into the house and connected that to the customer side of the NID.

Then someone cut those cables inside what would be the basement ceiling, removed them from the circa-1945 protector and nailed a 2x4 over them. At least they were kind enough to run a 4-pair cat3 from the 66 block, and the 1945 protector, and something newer that looks like it dates back to 1975 (with the hex-head fuses, I think), through the basement ceiling (carefully placed between the floor joists and the drywall..guess they had no drill?) and out the side of the house opposite where the Verizon NID currently is.

I think their idea was to get Verizon to move the NID to that side of the house..a good one, considering the electric and cable TV services are connected to that side of the house, and the ground is right there..except they overlooked that before selling the house.

What a mess. I ran a cable along side the house from where the NID is now to the cat3 cable hanging out of the other side and told my friend to call Verizon to get them to move the NID, and oh, maybe hook a ground wire up to it while they're at it...

Sheesh, what a mess.

I installed an access panel in the basement ceiling to cover the hole I made. It looks very nice.