Originally posted by justbill:
I would use the largest gauged cable I could get in there. A 22 or 19 gauge cable would make that distance a mute point. Those footages are based on 24 gauge cable.
Very interesting forum, have read all the way through and have gained some great insight.

From my old maintenance trouble shooting splicing days: 24 guage copper had approx. 45' per ohm, 22 guage has approx. 65' per ohm and 19 guage (pencil point that stuff is!) has 125' per ohm. So 1200 feet works out to 26.67 ohms of resistance for 24 AWG, 18.487 ohms of resistance for 22AWG and 9.6 ohs of resistance for 19 AWG. Temperature plays somewhat of a factor but not terribly much. We had a similar issue some years back in having some OPX's placed at an assembly hall and using the 22 AWG buried cable worked just fine to get them the farther distance needed.

There is a company that makes LAN extenders as well that will work over Copper if I am permitted to mention it: https://www.patton.com/. That might serve for a future reference point if someone can not place fiber, which is propably the metheod of choice in most cases.