Just my humble opinion, but I would bring at least two CAT5E or CAT6 to each workstation, since you may want to segregate your voice and data, even if you have VoIP. Also, CAT5E or CAT6 can do so much more than just voice and data these days, I would inundate your facility with spares, both in the ceiling and at hard to pull places. In the future you may need wireless access points, cameras, low-voltage power, speaker wire, all kinds of good stuff. I do not believe that vendor-specific cable and patch panels are that critical anymore, unless you are looking for a very long warranty period. There are certain vendors whose cable, jacks, and patch panels are designed to work together for a total solution, while some vendors have every piece of necessary hardware in their product array including cables, jacks, patch panels, patch cords, etc. You are on the right track about putting out a RFQ. I would have your bidders specify cable brand and bandwidth range, as well as jacks and patch panels. It really makes a difference cost-wise to put in the quality stuff. There are industry standards for compliance and also you definitely want your cable to be the real thing and UL listed. Cable management is important too, depending on how many drops you have. So make sure they quote that hardware.