Hey everyone. I do computer networking and support for some companies in the Philadelphia, PA area. One of my clients are moving, they told me that the company who supported their phone system was no longer in business, and if I could do the move. Unfortunately, I know absolutely NOTHING about phone systems. They have an IDS 84 Model number 22200 utilizing (from what I can tell) Isotec EZ1. They have 14 phones and 3 POTS lines coming from the unit (I think), they want to know if I can move the system to the new location. While the inside wiring to the new building. (A Pre-Fab) shouldn't be too difficult, I don't know how I would attack the problem of moving the main unit and the various punchdown blocks to the new location. Actually the move TO the new location wouldn't really be the difficult part, putting it back together AT the new location would be the difficult part. I'm sure with the move, there would be the reconnection of the lines from the telco to the unit (not sure if they come off punchdowns, or CSU/DSU) And then since they are moving to a different muncipality, they're phone number is going to change, and I'm sure that needs to be configured in software. I have no idea how to even ACCESS the system, I'm assuming through a serial interface, but I don't even know WHERE on the main unit it would be. Any help would be appriciated, a LOT of help would be GREATLY appriciated. Or if anyone knows of a company in the Philadelphia, PA area who has worked with the systems before, and wouldn't mind a little teaching session (or if they would rather do the work, we could probably work something out) It would be really great.

Or do you think I should tell my client he should look into a new phone system. (As he is in a high volume business, he only wants the network/phone system down for ONE day, and that includes disconnecting from the current location and installation and configuration at the new location. Also, If anyone wants to talk off the board about the job or to help, my email address is joprysko1 <AT> verizon <DOT> net

Thanks,

Joe