I know this subject has been hashed over several times but I recently learned a good way to deal with it. When you are training someone on how to press the record button on an ESI System Phone to begin the recording process invariably someone will speak up and wave the warning flags about what is legal and what is illegal. Just this last Friday I was training several staff members of a law firm and sure enough it happened. Instead of becoming a part of the controversy on what should and should not be done I waited until all the legal pros put their opinion in and after they wound down and directed their attention back where it belonged I focused their attention on the black Porsche on the parking lot which belonged to one of the attorneys participating in the controversy and said this:

"Whoever drives that Porsche knows full well what it will do, however it is the drivers responsibility to know when he or she is going through a school zone. I'm just showing you what the phone system is capable of, how you use it is your business".

Now we fast forward to today (Sunday). I like to call into my new business locations and run a few reports and maybe listen to see if calls are going where they are supposed to plus I check to see who was capable of using the features I taught them. Well I'll be darned, seemed like everyone had a few recordings already. When you clear out that legal BS technology is a beautiful thing.