We are "supporting" one ESI system (very small). We helped the customer out of a jam by moving a few extensions and clearing up some C.O. line problems about 3-4 months ago.

They don't have an ESI dealer in town, and I only know of one other ESI system around here (a Norvergence deal from the past). We don't care to take on another system, but would like to help them out if we can. Here's what I know:

Customer says callers call in (all calls are answered by VM/AA) dial an extension, and when the caller goes to the extension MB, they cannot leave a message after hearing the greeting---they get "cut-off" after about 3 seconds. This is happening on an intermittent basis. However. yesterday, I called in, and it worked fine.

We are going out there today, just to see if it is a C.O. line or C.O. port issue. I also will try to get some information about who they had put in the system.

Question: Could this be a programmable issue (seconds of silence e.g) in the VM? Can any help be offered via phone??

We'll update this when we get back later on today.