I have an ESI-200 phone system. About once every month or so, the system freezes up and must be restarted. The only way I can do this is to unplug it and replug it in. Whenever we do this, the last three outside lines on the system appear as being in use, but are not. From the front desk, the lines appear lit and when I pick up any of them, all I get is a busy signal. The technician that fixed it last time logged in remotely and did something to fix it. He wouldn't share what he did and I don't have access to installer features anyway.

We suspect it may have something to do with the analog card that is installed. Prior to our current telco (Comcast PRI w/ 10 lines), we had a PRI T1. Our fax machines were connected to the system through the analog card. If we dialed out from those three analog lines and made a call, when we hung up, each of those "stuck" lines would clear out. When we switched telcos, Comcast's PRI does not handle fax. They had to be moved to separate individual lines. The analog card isnt attached to anything anymore so that fix doesnt work.

Any thoughts on this. I expect I may have to contact my vendor again to get those lines cleared or have them come in and check the system.

Thanks

-Jim
ESI-200 System w/ 48button & 12button phones
Connected to Comcast Virtual PRI 10 lines & DID