Hi -

My company recently aquired a refurbished E-Class system with a DLC12 card. I have really learned a lot about this system in the past week as I am being asked to try and make it do things that it was never designed to do.

One thing I have been asked to do (and this seems possible), is make the inbound calls on the PRI hit a different auto attendant than the calls coming from the CO lines. 1 CO line will be an exception to this and be used exclusively for fax/side machines.

I have set up a second branch id, made it a menu and set it to be the default. I have adjusted the time parameters as required for this new branch.

The main issue I'm having is that I can't seem to make a ring group work correctly, and no matter what I have the destination set to for the PRI, ext 101 always rings (I had set it to 101 from 100 initially).

I am not an ESI certified anything, just a company's telco guy who happens to be working on an IVX-E. I know both the Installer and Admin passwords, and I feel comfortable poking around in the menus.

If there is any direction you can give me on the inbound ring groups / inbound AA as a route based system it would be much appreciated.

I have read all of the Admin documentation available for more than just the E Class systems, and I have even got my hands on some old Installer docs, but nothing seems to address this exact concern. Am I trying to make the system do something I can't?

If I am in a bind, I would consider hiring an ESI tech, but I love learning and would prefer direction on where to look if possible.

thank you in advance for any insight you may share.

./Ben