Iwatsu is not a system I deal with very often at all. But I got roped into trying to deal with getting a predictive dialer connected to an ECS via direct T1, so here goes.

The dialer is sending Robbed bit, D4 framing, AMI, EM signalling (inband), and is looking for wink start handshake. I'm told that the switch tech has installed a T1 card in the ECS and fiddled with it all day long pretty much trying out every setting that was available to him, with no success. Dialer is using a Dialogic 2XT1 card. Not sure what the part number is of the card in the ECS.

The config seems straight forward enough that pretty much any switch should be able to handle it. Is there something special about the ECS that it can't or needs a special card?

I'm not even sure that anyone has hooked a t-berd up to anything to see what is happening. Hell, I'm not even sure if there was a T1 x-over cable present in the setup. I was just roped into this about 2 hours ago and I'm pretty much looking for some basic "this should work if you do it like this" info.