For the second time in about a month, I switched a customer from Vonage back to POTS lines after only using vonage for a week.

One customer moved locations and setup 6 lines through vonage as their main business lines. The hated it.

The second customer switched 8 lines, including 3 faxes, to vonage. After a week of no incoming calls (porting never happened) and very poor call quality, I just switched them back. Good thing I tagged the old AT&T lines before I pulled them, as I knew I'd be back. Just didn't think it would be this quick.

They could tell by the look on my face when they asked me to install these 4 vonage boxes that I didn't think it would work for them. Another company flat refused to install the lines.

I don't know what compresion Vonage uses, but 8 lines is a lot for a DSL line. I did not measure the bandwidth at either site, but 6-8 simulatanious calls is a lot over a standard ADSL line.

I also heard that the customer support from vonage was not great.

I think VoIP is a fine service, when installed correctly. Companies that make huge promises are going to scare people away for a very long time.