We would put protectors on both ends of the cable (Used to be Gas at the CO/PBX and Carbon at the station end, but with electronic sets that's probably changed to all Gas).

We used a 2 piece clip - I can't for the life of me remember the part number. It was about the size as the first two joints of your little finger and was pointed with teeth. The bottom piece slipped under the sheath between the aluminum and the cable and the top piece went on the outside of the poly. The two pieces clamped together with a nut and a ground wire was run to a (grounded) protector.

I'll quote from the GTE Practices 605-100-100 Issue 3 July 1979. Cable Bonding & Grounding Joint & Nonjoint Construction

301 "The shields of all cables entering a CO building shall be bonded together and grounded to the CO ground busbar.."

7.01 "The shield of all cables entering (customer) buildings should be grounded at or within the building entrance ..."

I tried to scan the GTEP but it's in an oversized book and not easily done.

The drawings show the cables entering the CO and having all the sheaths bonded and grounded. Then they hit the protectors which are also bonded and grounded. When they leave the protectors they are bonded and grounded again and then they proceed to the MDF. Minimum ground wire size is #6. Separate lugs for each connection to the MGB.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"