ok so all of my friends do some partying in this herb shop my friends mom used to run. now its just a building that we party in. well it used to have a seperate line running to it and then from that seperate line there was ONE telephone back at his house which is like 837ft. away that rang incase no one was at the shop. i used a probe to see if it ran back to the shop but it seems that i cant find it. i finally found the shop wires they are connected to what seems to be an old telephone pole cut at about 3-4 ft up. the wires are just chilling there. we want to tap the shop line into the dsl line thats outside his house.

there are like 8pair extra wires that just come out of the ground in his dmarc. plus the 3 pairs that goto line 1 (home) line2(assuming old shop) and dsl. since i dont want the phone guy to come out even if he will. (we live way out in the country and our phone company is a legal monopoly) there are 3 green teleco pole/boxes by his house... only house for a good distance. one in front of his house, one in front of the shop next to old telephone pole, and one across the street from the one in front of the shop.

what im asking is how do these work and should i be able to probe the line 2 and look at these boxes to find where its at and then run it back into the old shop wires. i also have a feeling that the shop has another set of wires in one of these green teleco boxes and someone just didn't want to pull up or disconnect the old wires on the pole.