Things are not going to so well with the install. I went to power up the system (with only the AC) and the board fried. Luckly I had nothing connected to the board so there's no damage to other components. I even went and measure the output of the power supply before connecting it to the board. The power supply is a DSC PTC1640. On the specs of the power supply it shows Secondary : 16.5VAC 40VA. With no load, I was getting about 17.4VAC. So I said to myself I'm good. I disconnected the power supply from the outlet and then screwed in the wires onto the terminals. Then I plugged in the adaptor to the wall, I smelled something weird and unplugged it right away, too late, a component on the board melted. It's the component to the upper left of the battery connector. I don't recognize that component. It's a gray rectangular thing. Anybody have a description for that component ? Now I looked at the wiring manuals that came with the unit and it says SEC: 16.5VDC (YUP DC) ??? However, on the terminals it says AC !!! I'm getting confused. My old 632 uses AC on the SEC and it works fine. I think I got a bad board but I think I'll have a hard time exchanging it. This distributor is not the best on exchange/warranty. Could it be because I had NOTHING connected to the other terminals that the unit fried ??? I doubt it.

Also, I got some motion detectors called Pet Comet. The polarity for the power supply in the instruction manuals are different from those on the PCB ? I usually follow the ones on the PCB.

Thanks,
fs483