Hi everyone,

I have a WECO 551C KSU with an external Tone Commander rotary/TT intercom, its all set up and working fine. I'm currently using 10VAC buzzers for intercom audible in the 6 button sets and in a couple 2500's (that I added 10VAC buzzers to the yellow/black pair and I use the 2500's for intercom only). The 551C has a ring generator (currently not used).

So in the workshop and the garage, the buzzers are not loud enough to hear with all the background noise, so I aim to hook up a ringer (bell) to these 2 stations. What is the best way to send ring voltage on intercom contact closure...

(1) Put a 10VAC relay on the contact output of the Tone Commander, and then run the ring generator thru the contacts on the 10VAC relay?

(2) Discontinue all use of 10VAC for the Tone Commmander input and use ring generator as direct input to the Tone Commander audible? (Of course I will have to discontinue all use of 10VAC buzzers in all stations).

(3) If I do (2), can I send the ring generator output from the Tone Commander down to the tip/ring on the 2500's to use the ringer (bell) of the 2500's (instead of using the buzzer)? If I do this will this damage the A-Battery circuit (from the 551C) that I'm using for talk power on the intercom circuit? And of course, what happens to the ear of the poor 2500/2565 user when the phone is off hook and someone else dials an intercom station? I'd like your opinion if this option (3) is doable, a nonsense case, or just a real bad idea to be avoided at all cost.

Thanks, -Stryder